Thursday, August 27, 2009

Nice and Villefranche (Riviera), and final night in Dublin


The French Riviera was an incredible climax to my trip. It was a tropical paradise with beautiful beaches, and a vibrant night life. Most of the nights I spent on the beach singing and playing guitar until around four in the morning when I'd go speeding around in a tiny car with Eduardo or Manu. They're two street artists I met early on in Nice. Manu plays jazz manouche guitar and Eduardo does glass paintings. They're really talented guys with a great attitude. I also had great fun with Joanne, Karim, Sharon, Beryl and Sira taking day trips to Cannes for the military parade. Many of the best moments were too good to ruin by taking out my camera so you'll just have to ask me for stories.
It was great closure to end in the same city I started in. Back in Dublin with Garbhan for heritage week. What an amazing adventure this month has been. I wish I had more time, but there is never enough time for Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment