Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dijon and Beaune (The Borgogne Region of France)


This was one of my favorite towns in France. I took a train to Dijon on a whim and I'm very glad I did. It was an amazing little town where I was really able to cultivate my French. The food was the best yet, especially the Beef Borgognon and escargot. Dijon's symbol is the owl (or chouette) because of a carving on the side of a church that is said to bring good luck. So to tour the town on foot you just follow the petite chouette! This is also the birthplace of Dijon mustard and pain d'epice (spice bread). I also took a day trip to the medieval town of Beaune which is a wine town of Burgundy. I'm sure I'll return to Dijon plus tard, or should I say I'll return to Dijon moutarde!! French puns.

No comments:

Post a Comment